Certificate in Health Innovation Leadership
Make a difference in modern health care by developing leadership skills that help you drive real innovative results.
Thunderbird’s online Health Innovation Leadership certificate program delivers instruction from Arizona State University’s nationally-ranked Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation to give health care leaders the tools to advocate for the best care and the latest evidence-based practices.
SUCCESSFUL LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Identify the skills and traits of successful leaders, executives, managers and those who influence without authority.
- Analyze the behaviors of leaders, including how they utilize that style to work within their teams, and how they develop the most compelling messages around their ideas.
NAVIGATING HEALTH CARE COMPLEXITY
- Examine basic and advanced systems theories and principles and apply them to national and international health and healing systems.
- Analyze and describe current health care using systems concepts and principles, and develop a plan to achieve innovation leadership competency.
INNOVATION METHODS AND BEST PRACTICES
- Examine the essential elements of innovation, identify the obstacles to innovation and initiate strategies to overcome obstacles and facilitate success.
- Utilize the application of systems, complexity theory and evidence-based processes directly related to the diffusion of innovation.
- Develop both the mindset and skills necessary for participants to accelerate innovation within their home organizations.
Have questions about Thunderbird Executive Education programs?
Contact your Thunderbird Client Relationship Specialist today.
To receive your Certificate in Health Innovation Leadership, you must register for and complete each of the following four online courses:
To earn the Certificate of Completion, participants must:
Thunderbird's online Certificate in Health Innovation Leadership is designed specifically for leaders and potential leaders in the health care industry who seek to make a difference in modern health care by developing leadership skills that help drive real innovative results.
Who Should Enroll?
- Health Care Professionals – Improve your marketability in today's global marketplace.
- Experienced Executives – Gain expertise in a global business focus area.
- Post MBA – Focus on a specific business area to enhance your global knowledge.
The Certificate in Health Innovation Leadership was created in part with Associate Professor Janet Kerby from Arizona State University's Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation. Janet Kerby applies her years of experience in Information Technology and business innovation to help individuals and organizations bring innovative solutions to life. Janet is recognized for her ability to synthesize and simplify information to communicate a common vision to influence business value creation. Janet is a subject matter expert on systemic innovation and digital transformation in retail and healthcare. She is passionate about systems thinking, organizational development, and the creation of innovative teams. Over 21 years, Janet held a diversity of roles at Intel Corporation including marketing and program management with the Internet of Things (IoT) group, Information Technology, and Sales and Marketing Group.
Additionally, the Certificate in Health Innovation Leadership draws from the experience and expertise of four Thunderbird School of Global Management faculty. Associate Professor Suzanne Peterson, Professor of Global Leadership Christine Pearson, Clinical Professor of Global Shifts and the Fourth Industrial Revolution Mark Esposito and Associate Dean of Innovation Tom Hunsaker all team up to give you the information you need to be a leader in today's and tomorrow's health care industry.
Your Thunderbird Online Certificate courses include:
- All online study materials
- Access to the Thunderbird learning environment
- Certificate at the completion of your course and/or Thunderbird Certificate
- Exclusive Thunderbird Online certificate badge to display on your LinkedIn profile, resume, and e-mail signature
Single Course Fee: $990
Four-Course Certificate Track: $3,960
The continuing education unit (CEU) is a recognized method of quantifying participation in an organized continuing education experience under qualified instruction. One CEU is equal to 10 contact hours of time spent in such an educational experience. The main purpose of CEUs is to provide a permanent record of the educational accomplishments of an individual who has completed non-credit educational and career enhancement activities.
Each participant receives 3 CEUs per online course completed, equating to 12 CEUs for the entire online certificate program.
Health Innovation Leadership
Enter your contact information to be notified of new course offerings.